Durham Dental Center strives to provide you and your family with the highest quality general dentist in Durham. Dr. Loay Shadid and his team of professionals offer a wide range of services to meet all your oral health needs. That includes preventative services to restore natural teeth, like:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: These restorations are made with a unique resin material that bonds directly to the teeth, not only reinforcing them against further damage but also providing an aesthetically-pleasing result for those looking for a treatment that won’t be noticeable every time you smile or laugh.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can be a great way to restore structure and strength to your teeth and help restore that perfect smile. They offer an excellent solution for cracked, worn down, or weakened tooth structures. Getting a dental crown is a process that requires precision craftsmanship and careful planning; each crown is custom-made to fit perfectly over the affected tooth with minimal disruption to the surrounding teeth. Thanks to modern advances in materials used for dental crowns and their longevity, looking after them will require regular brushing, flossing, and periodic checkups like any of your other teeth.
- Dental Bridges: Whenever you feel like you have gaps to fill in your smile, dental bridges may be a good option for you!-Dental bridges: Dental bridges are a great and permanent way to restore a lost tooth or teeth. They can replace up to three teeth in one span and give your smile the natural look you want. The artificial teeth, called pontics, are essentially held in place by two crowns on either side of the gap – hence the name bridge. The pontic is crafted to match the size and shape of your surrounding teeth, so it is comfortable, secure, and natural.
We also specialize in cosmetic dentistry treatments for those looking for a beautiful smile, such as:
- Glo Teeth Whitening: Dr. Shadid can lighten your teeth up to eight shades brighter in just one visit using advanced whitening technology and products. You can leave the dentist’s office with a more radiant and healthier smile.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain shells bonded to the front of your teeth. They can improve the appearance of crooked, chipped, discolored, or otherwise unsightly teeth. Veneers look and feel like natural teeth so that you can smile confidently!
- And more: No matter what kind of service our patients require, we always ensure they receive the best possible care in a friendly and personable environment.
The Importance of General Dental Care
Having good oral health is essential for our overall health and well-being. General dental care is crucial to maintaining oral health and should always be addressed. Regular brushing and flossing of teeth are essential, but a professional checkup every six months is also necessary to catch any issues that may have developed. A general dental checkup is far simpler than more extensive treatments, so don’t delay – book an appointment today! As an experienced general dentist, Dr. Shadid can identify potential problems before they start, such as cavities and gum disease, and offer advice on dental hygiene practices that may help keep your mouth healthy in the future. He can also recommend treatments if needed, like fillings or root canals.
Our Commitment to Patient Comfort
We provide a comfortable and relaxing environment for general dentistry patients in Durham with amenities like warm blankets, music, television screens, and sedation options. We understand dental appointments might be intimidating for some patients, and we aim to ensure they are comfortable during their visit.
Your General Dentist on Durham Avenue
If you are looking for a new general dentist, consider the friendly team of professionals at Durham Dental Center in Plainfield and Raritan, NJ! From routine checkups to professional cleanings, fillings, and more – our experienced staff can help you achieve optimum oral health.
Schedule an appointment today for comprehensive general dentistry services!